Vanilla Chia Pudding is delicious, creamy and full of healthy fats. This simple gluten-free, paleo, and vegan chia pudding recipe is just what you need to start the day right.
1. 1/4 cup chia seed2. 1 cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice)3. 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract4. 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey (adjust to taste)5. A pinch of salt
– In a bowl, mix together chia seeds and almond milk. Stir well to ensure the chia seeds are evenly distributed in the liquid.
– Add the pure vanilla extract to the chia seed and almond milk mixture. Stir in your preferred sweetener, such as maple syrup or honey. Adjust the sweetness according to your taste preferences.
– Allow the mixture to sit for about 5-10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes to prevent clumping. This helps the chia seeds absorb the liquid and form a pudding-like consistency.
– Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or transfer the mixture to individual jars with lids. Place it in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 4 hours or, ideally, overnight. This gives the chia seeds ample time to fully absorb the liquid and develop a creamy texture.
– Once the vanilla chia pudding has set, give it a good stir to break up any clumps. Spoon it into serving bowls or glasses. You can garnish it with your favorite toppings like fresh fruit, nuts, or a drizzle of additional honey if desired. Serve and enjoy a delicious, nutritious vanilla chia pudding!