Roasted sweet potatoes are a delicious and nutritious side dish that can complement any meal. Packed with vitamins, fiber, and a natural sweetness, this easy-to-make recipe is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen. With just a few simple ingredients and five easy steps, you can enjoy the delightful flavors and crispy texture of roasted sweet potatoes.
– 4 medium-sized sweet potatoe– 2 tablespoons olive oil– 1 teaspoon garlic powder– 1 teaspoon paprika– Salt and pepper to taste– Optional: fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme for added flavor
For cashew paste
- 18 to 20 cashews – whole
- ⅓ cup hot water – for soaking cashews
For tomato puree
- 2- cups tomatoes – diced, or 300 grams tomatoes or 4 to 5 medium sized, pureed
For ginger-garlic paste
- 1 inch ginger – peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves – small to medium-sized, peeled
Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). This ensures that the sweet potatoes will cook evenly and develop a nice crispy exterior.
Wash and peel the sweet potatoes, then cut them into uniform bite-sized cubes or wedges. The even size will help them cook uniformly, ensuring a perfect texture.
In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato cubes with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Ensure that the sweet potatoes are evenly coated with the seasonings for a well-balanced flavor.
Spread the seasoned sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This allows them to roast evenly and develop a delightful crispiness.
Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast the sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown and tender. Make sure to flip them halfway through the cooking time to ensure an even roast.