Cream Cheese Confetti Corn is a delightful and creamy side dish that combines the sweetness of corn with the richness of cream cheese, creating a dish that's both comforting and flavorful. This recipe is a perfect addition to any meal, providing a burst of colors and a symphony of tastes. Here's how you can make Cream Cheese Confetti Corn in 5 simple steps:
– 4 cups frozen corn kernel– 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper– 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper– 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion– 8 oz cream cheese, softened– 1/4 cup unsalted butter– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder– Salt and pepper to taste– Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
– In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the diced red and green bell peppers, sautéing until they are softened, about 3-4 minutes.
– Stir in the frozen corn kernels and chopped green onions. Continue to cook for an additional 5-6 minutes, or until the corn is heated through and has a slightly golden color.
– Reduce the heat to low, and add the softened cream cheese to the skillet. Stir continuously until the cream cheese is fully melted and well combined with the vegetables.
– Sprinkle garlic powder over the mixture, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference, keeping in mind that the cream cheese adds a rich and savory flavor.
– Once everything is well mixed and seasoned, remove the skillet from heat. Optionally, garnish with chopped fresh parsley for a burst of color and freshness. Serve the Cream Cheese Confetti Corn warm as a delicious side dish alongside your favorite main course.